2019 Community Center Feasibility Study
Thomas Architectural Studios (TAS) has conducted a series of eleven outreach events throughout the summer to solicit public input and participation in the planning of the potential Community Center.
Two design options have been developed with the feedback from the citizens of DuPont and input from the City and City Council. We invite everyone to review the progress of the community center in the attached documents. Alternative C studied a design that includes an aquatic center, while Alternative D looked at the site and building implications of a smaller program.
Attached is a detailed construction cost analysis, as well as an operational and maintenance costs estimate.
Recommendations for Ballot options will be discussed at the following upcoming meetings.
- October 22nd, 6 PM, EOC- Public Works/Planning Council Committee - Discussion of Options for Ballot Recommendation
- October 22nd, 6 PM, City Hall, Finance/Governance Council Committee - Discussion of Options for Ballot Recommendation
- November 4th, 6 PM, City Hall - Parks Agency - Discussion of Options for Ballot Recommendation
- November 19th, 6 PM, City Hall - Council Workshop - Options for Ballot Recommendation
If you are not able to attend any of these meetings, please stay tuned for additional opportunities. Questions? Please contact Amy Walker at (253) 912-5245.
Community Center Feasibility Study Drafts
- Community Center Concept C with an Aquatic Center (PDF)
- Community Center Construction Cost Estimate (PDF)
- Community Center Operations & Maintenance Estimates (PDF)
- Community Center Total Project Costs Summary (PDF)
- Alternative C & Alternative D Design Options (PDF)